Thursday 28 November 2013

My Summer Journal (A journal response to Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird" from Jem's Perspective)

Hi Folks!
               
                 I had had an excited time before summer ended. As usual, I and Scout, we played and had fun together. But this time was special that we got a new friend Dill, who came and joined our gang.
                The weather was hot as it was in every summer.  The sunlight was very bright that it pierced into our eyes. The city was in drought. There was little water left in the pond since most evaporated into the air. Grasses were so dry and shrank as if they were going to die. People were full of sweat in a day time, and they took a bath more often. An oak tree was therefore a great place to hide ourselves from the sun.
                It seemed that everything was fine until we told Dill a story about the Radleys. He was very interested in it and eventually came up with an idea to get Boo out of the house. He challenged me to be a leader and the one who opened the door. In my mind, I thought that how crazy it was. What would happen if Boo came out and saw us? The question was not pleasant enough to be answered. However, I decided to accept Dill’s challenge. I opened the door and quickly ran away as fast as I could. That was a moment that I would never forget.
                Too bad, Dill left us and returned to Meridian in early September. We are going to miss him very much. The school is going to start in a week, and I have to take Scout there because it is her first time. Sure, I don’t want her to bother me anymore when the school opens.  


-Jem-

No comments:

Post a Comment